I don’t know what about me walking to campus today made you think it would be okay to pet my arm and whisper “looking cute” but it wasn’t. Gross.
So, I ripped out a 6 page religion paper in 3.5 hours today. Good.
I sang at my area class and it actually went sort of well, and someone told me I was “chill-inducing” and not in a bad way. Good.
I have a Twenty-Page paper due on Thursday which I am having the hardest time concentrating on. Bad.
I have a SIP proposal due on Friday which haven’t even started due to said 20 page paper. Bad.
I have no clean clothes left but no time to do laundry. Bad.
I have fudge pops in the freezer. Good.
Alternate title for The Great Gatsby:
I Am Uncomfortable With Your Personal Drama And I Want To Go Home: The Nick Caraway Story
Though Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson, and John Krasinski got most of the attention and big laughs, the series’ true MVP was Jenna Fischer. She could land a good frustrated look with the best of them, but her vulnerability and warmth provided the series its humanity. Her character changed the most organically throughout the series’ life, and in a very unshowy way, she provided a center that made these characters seem like an ad hoc family, not just a collection of types. So it’s appropriate she uttered the final words we heard as we move from her taking the painting she drew of Dunder Mifflin off the wall, to Michael Scott placing it on the wall after buying it at her art show years ago, to a final image of Dunder Mifflin itself.
“I thought it was weird when you picked us to make a documentary, but all in all, I think an ordinary paper company like Dunder Mifflin was a great subject for a documentary. There’s a lot of beauty in ordinary things. Isn’t that kind of the point?”
Each time I’m asked to tell about myself, I find myself starting the same way: “My name is Kelsey and I’m nineteen..”
but what I’d really like to say is:
“My name means island of the ships but once
I found a translation that said I’m a burning shipwreck-
not a burning ship but a ship that has caught fire
after the wreckage and well, I’d say that’s more fitting.”
I’ve learned that people don’t have time for about me’s.
They need two things: a name and an indication you’re someone special.
The doctors, they want facts not details.
“I broke my leg when I was three, it’s a funny story actually-“
The right or the left?
The teachers, they want interests, hobbies.
You’re sad, yes, but what do you like to do?
The adults are a spew of questions.
What school do you go to? What classes are you taking?
What do you plan on becoming? Got a boyfriend?
People my own age are the worst.
“I’m planning on an English degree with a concentration in creative writing.”
Yeah, aren’t we all. So how many times have you, you know,
I’m pulled apart, my interests travelling highway 2
my goals at a stop light at traffic hour,
my medical history on a billboard for the world to see.
But what about me?
Where’s the chance to say,
“I hang on to fistfuls of poetry like loose change in my pockets,
and I keep waiting for the day that the world turns upside down
so I can swim with the stars.
I’m not afraid of darkness, it’s a loneliness I can empathize with it.
It’s the blackholes like cigarette burns inside of me that get troublesome.
I walk through graveyards and read the dashes between years,
each a story I’ll never know. Sometimes I create my own.”
No wonder none of us know who we are anymore.” —Kelsey Danielle, “I Was Told to Write an About Me and This is What Happened” (via commovente)
Cedric Diggory tried to call off the entire Quidditch game and get a re-match when he caught the snitch after Harry fell off his broom
And it was a Hufflepuff who figured out how Sirius was getting into Hogwarts in Prisoner of Azkaban
‘Disguised himself, probably,’ said a Hufflepuff fifth year.
Hufflepuffs are so underrated
Thanks so much everyone!
Keep those Green Mountain Stuggles coming our way!
- Me: Hello, I am writing on behalf of the [redacted]. We are hosting our Spring Fling, an outdoor event attended by over 300 students, and were wondering if you would be willing to donate some older flowers such as those that would be discarded or if we could purchase some cheap flowers at a discount to use for our event promotion? We are looking to get about 100-250 flowers. We would display a sign at our tables thanking you for your generous support. Please feel free contact me with any questions either on this email or at [redacted]. Thank you so much. Best, [redacted]
- Florist: WHAT IS THE DATE FOR YOUR SPRING FLING
- Me: I am so sorry that I forgot to include the date. Our Spring Fling is Saturday, May 11th, we would be looking to hand out the flowers at some point during the week before. Best, [redacted]
- Florist: THIS IS WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU CARNATIONS ARE 14.99 DZ FOR EA DOZ YOU BUY I WILL GIVE YOU A DOZ FREE
- Me: Hello, I very much appreciate your quick responses, unfortunately due to budget limitations we are unable to pursue this further. However, we do still like the idea and would like to keep this connection as a possibility for next year. Is it ok to contact you in the next academic year about similar questions? Thank you so much for your time! Best, [redacted]
- Florist: YES
- (All things considered it is one of the strangest email conversations that I have ever had.)